Dr. Jenna Zigler’s Evening Routine to Support Eyelid Health
An eyelid cleansing routine is so important. Your morning routine can be pretty simple but if you wear makeup, it's important to make sure you're removing your makeup completely at night.
I occasionally wear waterproof mascara, which is notorious for being difficult to remove, so I'm going to give you a few tips on that and show you the rest of my eyelid cleansing routine, for both morning and evening.
You'll notice through this routine that I use a lot of our products. This is because our bar soap has five ingredients, our spray has three, our foaming face wash contains only natural ingredients, and the same is true for everything we sell. We do that on purpose. It’s because we purposely practice what we preach. We like simplicity. We like to put only the purest of products in our bodies and on our bodies.
2. Moisturize your eyelids and face. I complete my morning routine with the Heyedrate Eye Cream and Face Moisturizer all over my face, neck and eyelids. I'll then follow up with an SPF, especially if I know I'll be outside for some of my day! As you can see, I keep my mornings pretty simple.
1. Wet your closed eyelids with a splash of water (this helps to loosen any makeup you're wearing, and it makes removing everything even easier)
2. Use an oil based makeup remover, such as our Heyedrate Eye Makeup Remover Oil. Just put a few drops onto a cotton ball or round and work it into both eyelids. Depending on how much makeup you wear, it may vary in how long this process takes you. Alternatively, use the Heyedrate Eyelid Wipes for makeup removal.
4. Cleanse the eyelids with a hypochlorous acid based eyelid cleanser. I use the Heyedrate Lid and Lash Cleanser. I simply spray it onto a cotton ball or round, rub it into my eyelash margin, and let it dry.
5. NuLids Device for Eyelid Debridement. Debridement of the eyelids with a device like BlephEx or NuLids helps to break up the defense that the bacteria has created, which is called biofilm. This biofilm is very hard to destroy on with regular eyelid hygiene, and nightly NuLids exfoliation helps to break through it.
That’s pretty much it for my eyelid and facial cleansing routine. If you want to use a warm compress eye mask in the evening, you can use one after you wash your face (or after using your NuLids device).
We, Eye Love, LLC, are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. MediViz and Heyedrate branded products are made by our company, Eye Love, but we truly believe that our products are the best on the market! It is important to know that our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.