Thank You for Your Interest in the Macular Degeneration Support Community
Welcome to the Macular Degeneration Support Community, where Dr. Jenna Zigler and myself, Dr. Travis Zigler, will give you actionable advice and information on preventing and treating Macular Degeneration.
Who are we?
We are two eye doctors that practice in South Carolina: www.eyecareadvanced.com. We found that we wanted to help more people than we could see every day at our practices. We started Eye Love in May of 2015 with our ultimate goal being to build permanent clinics in areas that have no access to quality eye care and help prevent blindness in as many patients as we could.
As active members of Great Shape, Inc, and more specifically the iCARE project, we travel to Jamaica every year to give eye examinations and dispense eyeglasses. With proper help and funding, Great Shape Inc. is working to develop more permanent clinics, and our ultimate goal is to be able to work in those clinics more often.
As a company, we want you to feel good about your purchase and who you do business with. Our passion is to provide a better quality of life through better vision -- locally and globally. Locally we do this by helping you see the clearest that you can. Globally by giving a portion of profits back to someone in need of an eye examination and glasses in Jamaica.
Eye Love! One Love!
Doctors Travis and Jenna Zigler
Some Quick Facts:
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) affects more than 2 million adults aged 50 and older
- Cataracts affect more than 24 million adults aged 40 and older
- Diabetic Retinopathy affects 7.7 million adults aged 40 and older
- Glaucoma affects 2.7 million adults aged 40 and older
- Low vision, or visual impairment, affects 2.9 million adults aged 40 and older