Here is your eBook:
1. Join this FREE group, the Macular Degeneration Support Community, on Facebook by clicking here. We created this community to create a nurturing community of like-minded people with one goal in mind, prevent their debilitating eye diseases from worsening. Here, we will give you actionable advice on treating and preventing Macular Degeneration!
2. Eat a healthy diet packed with green leafy vegetables, yellow and orange fruit, fish, and whole grains.
3. Quit smoking...NOW.
4. Control elevated blood pressure through diet, regular exercise, or medication.
5. Wear UV protected sunglasses when outside, even on cloudy days.
6. Get routine eye exams and report any changes in vision immediately.
Macular degeneration is a disease of the eye that can lead to blindness by affecting the center of vision, causing blind spots. The part of the human eye affected is the retina. It is estimated that macular degeneration currently affects more than 13 million Americans. Although advancing age is the primary cause, with a third of people over age 75 affected, there are some other risk factors for this debilitating eye disorder.
We are two eye doctors that practice in South Carolina. We found that we wanted to help more people than we could see every day at our practices. We started Eye Love in May of 2015 with our ultimate goal being to build permanent clinics in areas that have no access to quality eye care and help prevent blindness in as many patients as we could.
As active members of Great Shape, Inc, and more specifically the iCARE project, we travel to Jamaica every year to give eye examinations and dispense eyeglasses. With proper help and funding, Great Shape Inc. is working to develop more permanent clinics, and our ultimate goal is to be able to work in those clinics more often.
As a company, we want you to feel good about your purchase and who you do business with. Our passion is to provide a better quality of life through better vision -- locally and globally. Locally we do this by helping you see the clearest that you can. Globally by giving a portion of profits back to someone in need of an eye examination and glasses in Jamaica.
Doctors Travis and Jenna Zigler