Eye Love Excellence Award for November
Eye Love Excellence Award for November goes to Brien Holden Vision Institute
At Eye Love, we really enjoy highlighting the great work other companies are doing in this world. We can all agree that if we all gave a little more of our time, money, and resources, the world would be a better place! This month, we're featuring Brien Holden Vision Institute.
What they do
The Brien Holden Vision Institute develops and partners with commercial and nonprofit organizations worldwide. The Institute has sponsored companies to market advanced products and to generate proceeds to fund research, education, development, and social welfare activities. Its activities include the development of vision correction products for treatment of myopia (near-sightedness), presbyopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. It has a rich history of eye health innovation and research such as the birth of silicone hydrogel contact lenses, treatments for conditions like dry eye and technologies to detect other eye related conditions. The Brien Holden Vision Institute has delivered eye care services to more than three million people, established over 400 vision centers, trained over hundreds of thousands of eye care personnel worldwide, and supported the development of 18 optometry schools.
There are about 600 million people that are vision impaired due to uncorrected refractive error which is the leading and yet the most avoidable cause of vision loss. The Institute continues to seek and develop new solutions for vision care and works to eliminate vision impairment and avoidable blindness to help reduce disability and improve quality of life for people in need.
How they started
The Brien Holden Vision Institute is an Australian non-profit non-governmental organization founded by Brien Holden in 1985. Formerly known as the Institute for Eye Research, it was renamed in recognition of the outstanding contribution to eye care research and global public health of one of its co-founders in March 2010 .
How to donate
The Institute believes that vision impairment is preventable and treatable. For those who would like to give an eye exam and a pair of glasses, there are different options:
- A one time donation starting with $10
- A monthly gift starting with $10
- Make a gift on behalf of an organization
- You can donate by a phone call
- If you prefer not to give online, you can mail a check
- Leaving a gift in your will is a wonderful way to make a difference
- Adopt a school and provide eye care to an entire school
- For every pair of Revo Sunglasses purchased, Revo will donate $10
We feel this falls in line perfectly with Eye Love’s mission to End Preventable Blindness. Together we can make a difference and help better the quality of life for people in need. Congratulations to them for receiving our Eye Love Excellence Award for November!
Drs. Jenna and Travis Zigler
- Tags: Brien Holden Vision Institute Dr. Jenna Zigler Dr. Travis Zigler end preventable blindness eye care eye health eye love Eye Love Blog Eye Love Excellence Award Heyedrate how to donate improve quality of life Join Our Mission make a gift November Award optometrist reduce disability vision impaired
- Dr. Travis Zigler