Benefits of Wearing Sunglasses
Sunglasses may make you look cool and stylish. You may even want to throw on shades to add edginess to your look. But these important pairs of eyewear provide much-needed protection and should not only be worn on the beach during summer but all year round.
Let’s take a look at a few benefits to knowing why sunglasses are a must have:
1. Sunglasses protect your eyes from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Prolonged exposure to the sun may lead to eye health problems such as cataracts, pinguecula, pterygium, and macular degeneration.
2. Windy environments and dry climates may increase the suffering of people who have dry eye syndrome. Sunglasses can keep your eyes safe from the wind, dust, and other debris entering your eyes. A wrap-around style of sunglasses can help prevent you from experiencing the symptoms of dry eye syndrome.
3. Sunglasses reduce glare while engaging in outdoor activities like driving, fishing, and boating. The bright sunshine through your windshield can be blinding, and it may increase the risk of you getting into an accident. Wearing sunglasses may not only help you feel comfortable, but it can also increase safety for you and your passengers.
4. Sunglasses can advance healing and recovery
if you have had surgery procedures to correct your vision. Your eyes will be more light sensitive at first, so ask your doctor for opinions and recommendations for a pair of sunglasses after the procedure. You may want to continue wearing them to protect your eye as it heals and as you adjust to your newly restored vision.
5. Sunglasses reduce squinting and eye strain.Wearing them will allow you to see things more clearly and will help your eyes feel less tired. Constant squinting can cause premature crow’s feet at an early age. There may be many products that help reduce wrinkles, but why waste money on them when a proper pair of sunglasses does the trick? If eye health is not your concern, perhaps looking younger longer will encourage you to wear a pair!
Sunglasses may come in different shapes, colors, and styles and it may add glamour to your daily outfit. But these accessories are far more than just a fashion addition. They’re a must have to help protect your eyes during daily outdoor activities.
Dr. Jenna Zigler
Eye Love, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, or AmazonWireless.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.