Pumpkin Spice Green Smoothie Recipe 0
Dr. Jenna Zigler's Eye-healthy Pumpkin Spice Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 pc Banana
- 2 spoonfuls Pumpkin in can
- 2 oz Almond Milk
- 1-2 tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- 2 handfuls Organic Spinach
- 2 scoops Greens powder
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1-2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp Cloves
- 1-2 tbsp Ground ginger
Total Serving: 2
Hello everyone, it’s Dr. Jenna Zigler! Dr. Travis and I just got back from our morning walk so I wanted to put together a pumpkin spice smoothie for you since we’re kind of getting into fall.
Let’s talk about some things that I put into it so that you can make it yourself.
First off, we use a big blender and this smoothie is actually going to be for tomorrow. This is a Ninja blender, but you can use really whatever you have (a Vitamix is the ultimate!) We start with one banana and then a can of pumpkin. You don’t want the pumpkin pie filing with the sugar and all those extra ingredients. You want it to just say pumpkin. That’s all you want. I use about two heaping spoonfuls of pumpkin. If I use more than that, Travis doesn’t like it very much because he isn't a huge pumpkin fan.
After the pumpkin, we use an unsweetened almond milk. You can use really any type of milk that you want (we like plant-based milk) so cashew milk will be good but almond milk is great or coconut milk will be fine too.
This blender I'm making is for both of us. I add about twenty ounces or so and then we add a little ground flaxseed. I really don’t measure anything, I’m just going to shake a little bit in there. Then we’re going to do some spinach. You want to use organic spinach because it has a lot more vitamins and nutrients in it than regular spinach. I’ll add about two handfuls in this big blender. Then we do use greens powder. You can use whatever greens powder you want. This one is just from Walmart and happened to be what we have this week. We kind of mix it up, but I’ll put one scoop for each of us.
If you we’re just making it for yourself, just do one scoop, or half of this recipe. I also use a vanilla vegan protein powder. This one I got online from Walmart.com. It’s a new one that I’m trying. It’s Gold’s Gym vanilla bean. Normally, we like to use Vega protein powder and their vanilla is really good! You can use whichever you want though. I am going to add a scoop for each of us which gets you about twenty grams of protein per person. You can always leave the protein out if you want, but we use these smoothies as meals so you really want to have that protein in there.
A couple extras that I add in at the end for the pumpkin spice is a lot of cinnamon. I put a little bit of pure vanilla extract, just a little dash in there. Then normally I would use a pumpkin pie spice or an all spice but the only thing I have right now is cloves and ginger. I’m just going to shake in a few cloves and a little bit of ground ginger and really that’s pretty much it. What we do now is we’re going to fill up the rest with water just to kind of thin it out. We use our Berkey Water Filtration System for this. This Berkey filters your tap water and is great because I know that our tap water in South Carolina is not wonderful. Once that's filled up just put the top on, stick it in the fridge, and it’ll be ready for us tomorrow morning. Enjoy this pumpkin spice smoothie! Thanks!
Dr. Jenna Zigler
- Dr. Jenna Zigler
- Tags: almond milk for smoothie best pumpkin smoothie Dr. Jenna Zigler eye love Eye Love recipes flax seed smoothie greens powder healthy pumpkin spice smoothie healthy recipes healthy smoothie recipe how to make a pumpkin shake how to make healthy smoothies organic spinach pumpkin pumpkin breakfast smoothie pumpkin smoothie recipe pumpkin spice green smoothie recipe pumpkin spice smoothie spinach smoothie recipe vanilla protein powder vegan vanilla
Dr. Jenna Zigler's Amazing Carrot Cake Smoothie Recipe 0
Carrot Cake Smoothie Recipe: Serves 2
16oz unsweetened almond milk
16oz carrot juice
1 scoop greens powder
2 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder
1 Tbs ground flaxseed
2 handfuls organic spinach
1.5 Tbs cinnamon
1 pinch all spice
1 Tbs blackstrap molasses
1-2 Tbs unrefined coconut oil
Fill with filtered water for consistency
- Dr. Jenna Zigler
- Tags: All Spice almond milk almonds banana blackstrap molasses Carrot Cake Smoothie carrots Cinnamon coconut oil Dr. Jenna Zigler Dr. Travis Zigler Dry Eye easy recipe eating healthy eye conditions eye health Eye Love Blog Eye Love Smoothie Eye Love YouTube eye recipe Flaxseed greens powder Macular Degeneration Nested naturals greens powder Ninja professional blender Optometrist organic carrot juice organic spinach Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder